I can't pay medical bills and taxes and gas in "free advice" so you can't do a barter system or just be super speshul and get the free advice.
That's just rude to engage an editor if you have no intention of becoming a client or paying for it. I mean, did you think it was free?
However, I'm a bit just frustrated lol. I am working to try and find clients for my new freelance job and so as part of that, I joined a few editor/proofreader groups on Facebook. However, one person isn't really being mean but condescending a little and I think trying to be helpful but talking about how many more training classes and credentials I need etc. It's just I get she's trying to be helpful (I think), but I don't like the tone/being talked down to as if I'm dense.
I'm thinking of letting things go in the mean time like the ghosting so hopefully working to parlay into coaching/editing/assisting, and some organizations I've been with for a while but take up time around the writing I need to do.
i also feel badly because of something dumb. I am working on taking down my one thing at Amazon under my old author name J. Bridger so that I can change over author central name and brand to Ivy Quinn. It's so dumb but to see this review from this year (such a stray thing since it's been out five years), but a one star is always a pain. I know I've grown a lot as a writer since then but sometimes I worry I'll never be good enough and I'll always be either reviewed badly or considered a hack just good enough for the kindle mill ghosting.
If you know anyone who would be interested, please let them know about me. Thank you!
-20k contract novella
-Paranormal romance about 75k about dragon/phoenix shifter
-continue editing paranormal romance for RWA
-f/f romance for self pub Vegas Shifters #1 (around 50k for each Vegas Shifter)
-continue editing and prepping vegas shifters #1
-start on vegas shifters #2
-vegas shifters #2 done and edited by late Sept (and up!)
-Southern Gothic UF - get to beta for edits by Sept 30th
1) Got the job in today so sheikhs #34 is in the can.
2) have contracts lined up through August
The Bad news:
1) To keep medicaid eligible, I have to stay around 16,000 dollars in official on the record/taxed income this year
2) By August after the next three contracts pay out, I'll be at 15,900
1) Fall - need to up my under-the-table income from tutoring for college essays, acting as a virtual assistant, and also being a freelance proofreader and developmental editor.
Side note, I have literally written over one million sheikh words with the completion of this current book.
ETA - make that 27/30k are with beta and I just finish the final chapter and epilogue early in the morning and send off!
1) Sheikh #1 = Now - June 1st
2) Sheikh #2 = June 3rd – 11th (do in mornings and in evenings do vignettes/character studies for PNR prep)
3) RWA Pitch Paranormal Romance, target 75,000 words = June 17th-30th (draft), edit for beta and off to her by July 5th (work around midterm)
4) Sheikh #3 – July 4th – July 10th5) RWA Pitch Urban Fantasy, target 75,000 words = July 12th to July 27th and off to beta post convention, (work around final)
6) 50k f/f shifter story/Vegas Shifters #1 by August 10th and off to beta for August 31st posting
7) Sheikhs #4 about August 15th-23rd
This summer I will only be taking employment law so that's good.